Introduction to Customer Experience course
$497 AUD per person
There is a lot of Customer Experience (CX) professionals out there working to deliver insights that their organisations can use to improve stakeholder value – across customers, employees & the organisation.
But the CX Team typically represent only a few folks across organisations with dozens, hundreds and even thousands of employees.
And it takes everyone in the company to make great CX outcomes happen.
And what does CX even mean? Even within the industry, there is often confusion about what customer experience encompasses.
So we created this special Introduction to CX workshop to help everyone understand what CX is (and isn’t). Because that’s where it begins when you want everyone to contribute to great CX outcomes.
Drawn from our leading CX Management / CCXP Exam Preparation 18 hour workshop, our Introduction to CX training course isn’t only content-rich – it’s fun!
We cover what CX is, what it looks like and why it matters. We’ll also cover how it compares and contrasts to Customer Service (as there is a lot of confusion) so you’ll be able to facilitate and engage in CX conversations and understand how CX can improve profitability, employee engagement and, of course, happier customers.
Who should do this course?
We’ve been teaching CX courses since 2001 and whilst many of our participants seek to become CX Leaders and Consultants, it’s also becoming clear that there are others who want to increase their awareness and understanding of CX practices and principles without striving to be a CX practitioner.
The Introduction to CX online course is delivered over a single 4-hour session to fast-track CX Learnings with typical attendees for this course including:
- Senior Executives and Managers who want to understand the various components of CX and how and why it’s critical to business success.
- Sales and Marketing professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience and why it matters.
- Contact Centre and Customer Service professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience (CX) and improve their career opportunities.
- Employees of organisations that already have CX Leaders & CCXPs who want colleagues & employees in their organisation to better understand CX in a practical, motivating & engaging way.
Why your trainers experience matters
Daniel has trained over 50,000 participants across over 40 countries and is regularly featured in leading customer management publications and he has been a regular visitor to Australia for over 20 years.
Credentials-wise, Dan is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP), one of only a handful of recognised CXPA trainers in the world, an International Customer Management Institute (ICMI) Certified Associate, a Call Centre Industry Advisory Council Training Partner (CIAC), Net Promoter Certified and Daniel was the first to bring professional management level Contact Centre certification to Asia back in the early 00s (he was based in Singapore for 20 years).
Daniel is consistently regarded as the best trainer in the industry with his incredible subject matter expertise, excellent storytelling with real-world examples, a great sense of humour and a clear passion for the industry and helping people excel.
So it’s not surprising to note that despite all the numerous industry accolades and recognition, it’s the Customer Testimonials Daniel is most proud of and you can read a selection of his recent testimonials below.
Customer Testimonials for Daniel Ord
Introduction to CX Course Modules
The Introduction to Customer Experience online course is broadly split into three modules delivered over the 4-hour online session.
Module 1 - Understanding the Customer Experience
Customer Experience isn’t Customer Service on steroids. And it’s not about buying the latest technology or offering another channel.
It’s about understanding the Customer’s perception of your organisation and then proactively doing something about it.
The Building Blocks for CX
- Defining Customer Experience
- Looking at CX ‘from space’
- How to use the Customer Lifecycle & Stages
- The role & value of Journeys
- The role & value of Touchpoints
- The role of prioritisation in CX
- Drivers of Customer Expectations
- Shaping Customer Expectations
- Customer Expectations & Journeys
- Physical & emotional Customer expectations
- The CX Pyramid and how to use it
- The Jobs to Be Done paradigm
- The difference between Customer Experience & Customer Service
Module 2 - What kind of experience will we deliver?
There isn’t just ‘one’ kind of experience. Crafting & communicating the CX Vision makes sure that everyone in the organisation knows what kind of experience we will deliver.
And we have to consider both who we are – and what customers want – to put together that great CX Vision we can all rally around.
- The 4 elements of CX Strategy
- Defining the CX Vision
- The CX Vision and Values
- Inputs to the CX Vision – Who we are
- Inputs to the CX Vision – Voice of Customer
- The role of Voice of Customer
- Setting Employee Standards with a CX lens
Module 3 - Culture
Culture is what unites everyone – but what is it and how do we get there? We highlight key elements and how they ‘work’.
- Defining Culture
- The role of Values in Culture
- The role of Hiring in Culture
- The role of Socialisation in Culture
- Rituals, Storytelling & Training
On completing the Introduction to CX online workshop you will:
- Understand and be able to explain the definition of Customer Experience.
- Be able to describe the essential building blocks of Customer Experience.
- Recognise the difference between Customer Experience and Customer Service and why that matters.
- Learn different models for understanding how Customers perceive their experience.
- Understand the importance of having a CX Vision and the key elements of a CX strategy.
- Learn how to define culture and the various contributors to CX success.
- Have enjoyed a forum for interaction, sharing and dialogue with others.
Like all our courses, we incorporate plenty of exercises, discussions and laughter to ensure you have a great learning experience!
Whilst we have been training face to face all over the world for more than 20 years, like everywhere, COVID changed the way we needed to operate.
We now run all our courses online and our content and supporting materials have been adapted to ensure we still deliver a premium training experience.
With the physical barrier to course attendance removed, we’ve also been thrilled to now be more easily joined by students from all across the world adding to the learning experience.
With the Australian Time Zone (AEDT/AEST), the course is suitable for a range of different countries including across Asia-Pacific with Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia regularly joining us along with attendees from the USA, UK and Europe (albeit with a bit of coffee required!)
Zoom is our platform of choice that is easily available to anyone with a web browser.
About CX Skills
CX Skills is a specialist training business that only delivers contact centre, customer experience, customer service and leadership related courses facilitated exclusively by industry professionals. We’re one of the founding members of the Australian Customer Experience Professionals Association (ACXPA) and we are committed to helping Australia to be recognised as global leaders in Customer Experience.
We’ve trained thousands of staff across a diverse range of businesses and we’re proud of the amazing customer testimonials we’ve received directly and on Google reviews so you can rest assured your training is in good hands.
Our introduction to CX online course is available to book publicly and for private sessions with the differences explained below.
Publicly Available Courses
The Introduction to CX course is a four-hour online course delivered via ZOOM and tickets are available to the general public. This is perfect for small numbers of employees (you can purchase a minimum of one ticket) attending and the added benefit of meeting and learning from others also on a CX journey.
Being a public course, the times and dates are fixed to enable you to plan ahead around your diary. If you would like to have more flexibility on the dates and times or need to train a larger group please refer to our private options.
Whilst the public courses can be a great way to interact with others and are perfect for small numbers, sometimes you need more flexibility with the dates and times or you’d like the benefits of training exclusively for your team to ‘get everyone on the same page’ with customer experience.
It can also be more cost-effect to train larger groups (e.g. more than 5 people) so contact us today to learn about pricing and availability.
Pricing and Payment Options
The Introduction to CX training course is $497.00 AUD per person ex GST.
Tickets can be purchased using a credit card or invoice – just select your preferred option on Checkout. Included in this course:
- 4 hours of live facilitated training by Daniel Ord
- Course workbook with key learnings, examples, case studies etc (provided electronically)
Save 15% if you book for two or more people in the same transaction. If you’d like to train multiple staff in a private session please contact us for pricing and availability.
Purchase a ticket to the upcoming Introduction to CX training course below:
Fast track your customer experience skills in our February 2022 Introduction to CX Course – suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about CX for business.