Introduction to Customer Experience course
$347 AUD per person
There is a lot said and heard about Customer Experience (CX) professionals but how many people really understand what CX is and what it can do for your business?
Sure, there are CX professionals out there working to deliver insights that their organisations can use to improve stakeholder value – across customers, employees & the organisation.
But the CX Team typically represent only a few folks across organisations with dozens, hundreds and even thousands of employees.
And it takes everyone in the company to make great CX outcomes happen.
And what does CX even mean? Even within the industry, there is often confusion about what customer experience encompasses.
So we created this special Introduction to Customer Experience course to help everyone understand what CX is (and isn’t). Because that’s where it begins when you want everyone in your business to contribute to great CX outcomes.
Whether you’re a busy executive, board member, contact centre manager, work in marketing or are new to a customer experience role, this course has been designed for you.
Drawn from our leading CX Management / CCXP Exam Preparation 18-hour workshop, the Introduction to Customer Experience course provides a high-level overview of Customer Experience Management.
We cover what CX is, what it looks like and why it matters. We’ll also cover how it compares and contrasts to Customer Service (as there is a lot of confusion) so you’ll be able to actively facilitate and engage in CX conversations and understand how CX can improve profitability, employee engagement and, of course, create happier customers.
Course Overview (VIDEO)
In this short video, Daniel Ord (course creator & facilitator) is interviewed by CX Skills CEO Justin Tippett to provide a short overview of this course.
Who should do this course?
We’ve been teaching CX courses since 2001 and whilst many of our participants seek to become CX Leaders and Consultants, it’s also becoming clear that there are others who want to increase their awareness and understanding of CX practices and principles without striving to be a Customer Experience practitioner.
The Introduction to Customer Experience course fast-tracks CX Learnings with typical attendees for this course including:
- Senior Executives and Managers who want to understand the various components of CX and how and why it’s critical to business success.
- Sales and Marketing professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience and why it matters.
- Contact Centre and Customer Service professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience (CX) and improve their career opportunities.
- Managers of experience-related roles (i.e. Member Experience, Student Experience etc) who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience (CX) and how it can help drive business initiatives.
- Employees of organisations that already have CX Leaders & CCXPs who want colleagues & employees in their organisation to better understand CX in a practical, motivating & engaging way.
Looking to take your CX Skills to the next level?
If you are looking to become a CX practitioner or consultant, or want a deeper level of CX understanding and/or are preparing for the CCXP exam we recommend the more advanced Customer Experience Fundamentals Course (which is an 18-hour course delivered over 4 x 4.5-hour workshops). Click here to learn more about the course >
Why your trainers experience matters
Daniel has trained over 50,000 participants across over 40 countries and is regularly featured in leading customer management publications and presenting keynote speeches across the world.
Credentials-wise, Dan is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP), an International Customer Management Institute (ICMI) Certified Associate, a Call Centre Industry Advisory Council Training Partner (CIAC) and is Net Promoter Certified.
Daniel is consistently regarded as the best trainer in the industry with his incredible subject matter expertise, excellent storytelling with real-world examples, a great sense of humour and a clear passion for the industry and helping people achieve success.
So it's not surprising to note that despite all the numerous industry accolades and recognition, it's the Customer Testimonials Daniel is most proud of and you can read a selection of his recent testimonials below.
Recent Customer Testimonials for Daniel Ord’s CX courses
Introduction to Customer Experience course modules
The Introduction to Customer Experience Course is split across two modules delivered over the 4-hour online session.
Module 1 - Understanding the Customer Experience
Customer Experience isn’t Customer Service on steroids. And it’s not about buying the latest technology or offering another channel.
It’s about understanding the Customer’s perception of your organisation and then proactively doing something about it.
The Building Blocks for CX
- Defining Customer Experience
- Looking at CX ‘from space’
- How to use the Customer Lifecycle & Stages
- The role & value of Journeys
- The role & value of Touchpoints
- The role of prioritisation in CX
- Drivers of Customer Expectations
- Shaping Customer Expectations
- Customer Expectations & Journeys
- Physical & emotional Customer expectations
- The CX Pyramid and how to use it
- The Jobs to Be Done paradigm
- The difference between Customer Experience & Customer Service
Module 2 - What kind of experience will we deliver?
There isn’t just ‘one’ kind of experience. Crafting & communicating the CX Vision makes sure that everyone in the organisation knows what kind of experience we will deliver.
And we have to consider both who we are – and what customers want – to put together that great CX Vision we can all rally around.
- The 4 elements of CX Strategy
- Defining the CX Vision
- The CX Vision and Values
- Inputs to the CX Vision – Who we are
- Inputs to the CX Vision – Voice of Customer
- The role of Voice of Customer
- Setting Employee Standards with a CX lens
On completing the Introduction to CX online workshop you will:
- Understand and be able to explain the definition of Customer Experience.
- Be able to describe the essential building blocks of Customer Experience.
- Recognise the difference between Customer Experience and Customer Service and why that matters.
- Learn different models for understanding how Customers perceive their experience.
- Understand the importance of having a CX Vision and the key elements of a CX strategy.
- Have enjoyed a forum for interaction, sharing and dialogue with others.
Like all our courses, we incorporate plenty of exercises, discussions and laughter to ensure you have a great learning experience!
Optimised for Online
Whilst we have been training face to face all over the world for more than 20 years, like everywhere, COVID changed the way we needed to operate.
We now run all our courses online and our content and supporting materials have been adapted to ensure we still deliver a premium training experience.
With the physical barrier to course attendance removed, we’ve also been thrilled to now be more easily joined by students from all across the world adding to the learning experience.
With the Australian Time Zone (AEDT/AEST), the course is suitable for a range of different countries including across Asia-Pacific with Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia regularly joining us along with attendees from the USA, UK and Europe (albeit with a bit of coffee required!)
Zoom is our platform of choice that is easily available to anyone with a web browser.
About CX Skills
CX Skills is a specialist training business that only delivers contact centre, customer experience, customer service, workforce optimization and workplace wellness courses designed and facilitated exclusively by industry professionals.
We're an accredited training provider of the Australian Customer Experience Professionals Association (ACXPA) and we are proudly Australian owned and operated.
We’re grateful to have been trusted by hundreds of customers and we’re proud of the amazing customer testimonials we’ve received so you can rest assured that when you book a training course with CX Skills, your training is in good hands.
Our introduction to Customer Experience online course is available to book publicly and for private sessions with the differences explained below.
Publicly Available Courses
The Introduction to Customer Experience course is a four-hour online course delivered via ZOOM and tickets are available to the general public. This is perfect for small numbers of employees (you can purchase a minimum of one ticket) attending and the added benefit of meeting and learning from others also on a CX journey.
Being a public course, the times and dates are fixed to enable you to plan ahead around your diary. If you would like to have more flexibility on the dates and times or need to train a larger group please refer to our private options.
Whilst the public courses can be a great way to interact with others and are perfect for small numbers, sometimes you need more flexibility with the dates and times or you’d like the benefits of training exclusively for your team to ‘get everyone on the same page’ with customer experience.
It can also be more cost-effect to train larger groups (e.g. more than 5 people) so contact us today to learn about pricing and availability.
Pricing and Payment Options
The Introduction to Customer Experience Course is $347.00 AUD per person ex GST.
Tickets can be purchased using a credit card or invoice – just select your preferred option on Checkout. Included in this course:
- 4 hours of live facilitated training by Daniel Ord
- Course workbook with key learnings, examples, case studies etc (provided electronically)
- Save 15% if you book for two or more people in the same transaction (discount will be applied on the checkout page)
- Volume and Private bookings – If you’d like to train multiple staff in a private session please contact us for pricing and availability.
Want to Save 25% off all CX Skills Courses?
Members of the Australian Customer Experience Professionals Association (ACXPA) save 25% off all CX Skills courses for a full 12 months!
With annual memberships starting from just $197, it can be a great way to save money now on your training, plus, you'll gain access to a host of powerful membership benefits for your employees and business.
Purchase a ticket now to an upcoming available Introduction to Customer Experience course:
Just click on the course below to learn more about the exact date and time, and to secure your ticket.
We’re working on finding some new dates! You may also be interested in the CX Management Fundamentals Course >