Introduction to CX online course
There is a lot of ‘buzz’ around CX (Customer Experience) at the moment and the benefits it can have for employees, customers and an entire business.
Most people by now have heard the term CX but it’s incredibly common for people to not really understand just what CX actually means, what it consists of or how it is actually supposed to deliver all these amazing benefits.
That’s why we’ve designed this 8-hour online Introduction to CX workshop. This course will equip people coming from a limited background or knowledge of CX and equip them with a deep level of CX understanding including what it is (and isn’t), know-how around what’s involved and why it has become such an important discipline in organisational success.
The Introduction to CX online course is based on the international Customer Experience Professional Associations standards. So for CX Leaders and CCXPs out there, this is also the perfect workshop to build CX competency across your Employees & Colleagues without the need for formal certification like the CCXP.
Of course, we also offer our CX Management / CCXP Exam Preparation workshop for those who do seek a more intensive workshop that can also prepare them for the official CCXP Exam.
Who should do this course?
In short, the Introduction to CX online course is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about CX.
We’ve been teaching CX courses since 2001 and whilst many of our Participants seek to become CX Leaders and Consultants, it’s also becoming clear that there are others who want to increase their awareness and understanding of CX practices and principles without striving to be a CX practitioner.
The Introduction to CX online course is delivered over two consecutive days (four hours each day) to fast-track CX Learnings with typical attendees for this course including:
- Senior Executives and Managers who want to understand the various components of CX and how and why it’s critical to business success.
- Contact Centre and Customer Service professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience (CX) and improve their career opportunities.
- CX Leaders & CCXPs who want colleagues & employees in their organisation to better understand CX in a practical, motivating & engaging way.
- Sales and Marketing professionals who want to broaden their understanding of Customer Experience and why it matters.
If you are looking to become a CX practitioner or consultant, want a deeper level of CX understanding and/or prepare for the CCXP exam we recommend the more advanced Customer Experience Fundamentals Course (which is a 16-hour course) >
Why your trainers experience matters
In this Introduction to CX online course, you’ll learn directly from renowned global CX trainer Daniel Ord from OmniTouch International, one of only 9 CXPA Recognised Training Providers* in the world and as you’ll note in his numerous testimonials, Daniel is widely regarded for his wealth of knowledge, engaging presentation style and real-life stories that bring the learnings to life!
A 30-year industry veteran, Daniel has spent the last 20 years facilitating workshops as part of his global Omnitouch International training business that helps people deliver better Customer Experiences.
By choosing a CXPA Recognised Training Provider*, you are assured that the training you receive is from a provider recognised by CXPA as having the qualifications, skills, and commitment to providing quality Customer Experience training that will enhance your CX knowledge.
*Recognised Training Provider is the current certification – this is not the same as an Authorised Training partner which is an old, outdated status and is no longer valid.
Introduction to CX Course Modules
The Introduction to CX online course is broadly split into three modules delivered over the 2 x 4 hour online sessions.
Module 1. CX Definitions & Concepts
Customer Experience isn’t Customer Service on steroids. And it’s not about buying the latest technology or offering another channel.
It’s about understanding the Customer’s perception of your organisation and then proactively doing something about it.
Definitions and terms:
- Defining Customer Experience
- Defining Customer Experience Management
The Building Blocks for CX
- Looking at CX ‘from space’
- How to use the Customer Lifecycle
- The role & value of Journeys
- The role & value of Touchpoints
- The role of prioritisation in CX
Module 2. Customer Expectations and the CX Vision
Customer expectations are at the heart of CX. But your CX Vision is at the heart of the CX experience you intend to deliver. Here we talk about both and how they interrelate.
- Categorizing the drivers of Customer Expectations
- The role of shaping Customer Expectations
- The Jobs to Be Done paradigm
- Physical & emotional Customer expectations
- The CX Pyramid and how to use it
The CX Vision
- The 4 elements of CX Strategy
- Defining the CX Vision
- The role of principles & values
- The role of organizational strategy
- The role of brand and brand values
- Using the CX Vision to select CX standards
Module 3. CX and Customer Service
There continues to be confusion between ‘what is CX’ and ‘what is Customer Service’. And the discussion isn’t just theoretical.
The answer to this question changes the entire way an Organization looks at CX – and Customer Service – and leverages on both.
- The definition of Customer Service
- The Customer Journey including CX and Customer Service
- The difference between Customer Experience & Customer Service
- The connections between Customer Experience & Customer Service
- What CX professionals can learn from Customer Service professionals
Module 4. CX as a Business Discipline
CX is about a lot more than just ‘being nice’ to Customers. It’s a formal business discipline with specific & specialised know-how required.
The Organisational competencies for CX have been well established and are important to understand.
The Business Background for CX
- The historical & market drivers for CX
- CX as a business discipline
- The role of metrics & outcomes
- How CX ‘fits’ into organisational success
The 6 CX competencies and what you need to know about each one
- The definition of Customer Service
- The difference between Customer Experience & Customer Service
- The linkages between Customer Experience & Customer Service
The 6 CX Competencies
- CX Strategy
- Voice of Customer
- Experience Design
- Metrics & Measurements
- Organisational Adoption
- Customer Culture
- Putting it all together – what CX maturity looks like
On completing the Introduction to CX online workshop you will:
- Understand and be able to explain the definition of Customer Experience.
- Be able to describe the essential building blocks of Customer Experience.
- Recognise the difference between Customer Experience and Customer Service and why that matters.
- Learn different models for understanding how Customers perceive their experience.
- Understand the process of developing a CX Vision.
- Understand CX as a business discipline and how it fits in with organisational success.
- Understand the 6 CX competencies.
- Understand key maturity points for CX.
- Have worked through exercises that allow you to apply concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Have enjoyed a forum for interaction, sharing and dialogue with others.
Prior to COVID, Daniel regularly travelled the world conducting his training courses and as was previously based in Singapore for 20 years, Daniel was a popular trainer across the Asia-Pacific region including numerous visits to Australia.
With COVID making travelling difficult for the foreseeable future, all of our courses have now been transitioned to online.
The added benefit is that has now removed the physical barrier to course attendance and we’ve been thrilled to welcome students from all across the world to our recent courses and with the Australian Time Zone (AEDT/AEST), the course is suitable for a range of different countries.
And with each online session a maximum of four hours (including a few breaks), it still enables you to stay on top of things at work or home!
The courses are conducted via ZOOM with the course link provided after the bookings are confirmed.
About CX Skills
CX Skills is a specialist training business that only delivers customer experience, customer service and leadership related courses facilitated exclusively by industry professionals. Our main website, CX Central is Australia’s most trusted website for contact centre and CX professionals in Australia and we also manage the popular Call Centre Legends Facebook page followed by over 30,000 call centre employees.
As well as training solutions, we also provide CX & Contact Centre consulting services using the same practices, processes and methodologies that we use in our training courses so you can rest assured you’ll be learning best-practice skills that work in the real world.
When you purchase the Introduction to CX Online course you receive:
- 8 hours of live facilitated training with Daniel Ord, one of only 9 Recognised Training Providers in the world accredited by the CXPA.
- A comprehensive eBook
Private & Public options
Our introduction to CX online course is available publicly (anyone can attend) and privately (just for your organisation):
Public courses are great for small numbers with the added value of learning from and meeting others on a similar journey.
Times and dates are fixed enabling you to plan ahead and free up some time in the diary!
Search below for upcoming Introduction to CX public courses.
Private courses can be cost-effective for larger numbers and a great tool for driving organisational-wide CX transformation change by getting everyone on the ‘same page’.
You can also have more flexibility with dates and times to suit your organisation.
Learn more about our private courses >
Upcoming Introduction to CX Courses
All our upcoming public Introduction to CX courses are listed below. If you’ve got further questions or would like to discuss private training courses contact us on +61 3 9008 7287 AEST/AEDT Monday to Friday or send us a message >
You may also be interested in our 16 hour CX Management Fundamentals course >